|Hay on Wye
Site of The Moor Park
The Moor was rebuilt in the 1820s to a Gothic design, with the adjoining fields formed into a landscape park with lodges, obelisks, a water tower and a kitchen garden.
The house was remodelled from an older house in 1827-1829 to the design of George Phillips Manners of Bath for F.R.B.S. Penoyre.
The park appears to have been laid out at the same time, including two lodges, three obelisks, a fishpond, a water tower and a kitchen garden.
The house was demolished in 1952. The park has lost most of its trees, but some features remain, including the kitchen garden, tower and this obelisk. Two are marked on the OS map but only one appears to exist now.